Balance Your Self-confidence With Authenticity
Self-confidence is key to being a great manager. It helps you to make sound decisions and motivate your team to go with those decisions. Being authentic is also essential, because it allows your team to give you feedback to improve your leadership. And when you mix self-confidence and authenticity together, you encourage your team to trust you more as a leader.
Being self-confident can be a challenge for any manager. Without this confidence, you can be more likely to make haste decisions and lose your team’s support. So, as you grow your self-confidence, consider these tips:
- Ground yourself with your team by being open and authentic.
- If you make a mistake, own up to it.
- Be empathetic to your team’s challenges.
- Be a servant leader by offering support to your team, and put them first.
- Remind your team that their feedback is necessary for overall success.
Source: Our new e-book Your First 50 Days, available for download!
Get Your Free Copy!