10 Ways To Encourage A Healthy Workplace Diet
As you know, food has a huge impact on your energy level, mood and general happiness. But, food also plays an important role in the workplace. One study found that unbalanced eating links to a 66% increased risk of loss of productivity. So, how can you encourage your employees to eat healthily? Here are 10 easy ways to implement a better workplace diet:
- Place healthy options in your vending machines and cafeteria.
- Organize a cooking session with a nutritionist or health/food specialist.
- Give a list of local restaurants that offer balanced food menus.
- Inform your employees on how to find healthier food when shopping or ordering in restaurants.
- Teach your team how to read and understand food labels.
- Encourage them to bring healthy lunches from home. (This means you should provide a refrigerator and microwave at the workplace, at least.)
- Provide healthy food during meetings.
- Set measurable goals for your team (i.e. “Eat at least 2 fruits every day”).
- Survey your employees to know which improvements they recommend.
- Be creative! Make a contest to encourage healthy eating. Include prizes!
A healthy workplace is the key to a happy workplace. Experiment with different strategies to see what’s best for your team.