Take Your Team Out Of The Office
People tend to open up more when they get out of the office. Move your one-on-one and group meetings to a new setting! Is there a nearby coffee shop? A new, fun lunch spot? Meeting outside the office will help you get to know your team more personally. It allow also you to gauge how happy your employees are.
This approach can also work well for team outings. So, here are some ideas to get your employees to interact away from their desks:
1. Food/beverage social events, such as wine tastings or cooking classes
2. Group tours at a local museum
3. Fitness classes (keep them at the beginner level so no one feels intimidated)
4. Volunteering opportunities at a local charity or nonprofit
5. Support an employee for one of their passions outside of work (i.e. cheering on a team member at a 5K run).
So, don’t be confined to your office walls, and take your team outside!
Source: Our new e-book Your First 50 Days, available for download!
Get Your Free Copy!