Developing your employees means providing opportunities for growth beyond their current job functions. As a manager, you have to assess how you are supporting a well-rounded education for each of your team members. This includes education in their specific industry and in the overall professional world.
So, here are some tips, via our e-book Your First 50 days, to help you promote ongoing learning for your team:
- Make room in your team’s budget for an education stipend. Encourage your employees to use this resource to attend conferences or enroll in relevant courses.
- Share paid subscription login information for magazines and other online resources.
- Encourage employees to lead mini-tutorials on specific topics and skills at team-wide meetings. This can elevate the individual’s talents, as well as benefit the whole team.
- Invest in a team-wide Coursera or Lynda account.
- And continuously educate your team about any company learning and development programs.
“The job of the leader is to grow more leaders.”
– Robin Sharma, Bestselling Author & Leadership Expert
To further reading, download our e-book!